Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The assignment (Check the Canvas Course for Details)
Assignment : Proposal for Information Presentation
Write a proposal for an informative presentation you will give to the class (presentations begin Oct. 16). Your proposal must be for a 5 to 8 minute presentation that has no less than five (5) and no more than ten (10) PowerPoint slides.
Your proposal should be for a business-oriented topic that you want to inform your audience (the class) about. This topic must include research from no less than six (6) sources.
- At least three (3) of those sources must come from publications like Harvard Business Review, the Economist, Forbes, etc.
- At least one (1) source should be from a report published by a business, think tank, government agency, NGO, or similar organization (i.e. Brookings Institution, Kaiser Family Foundation, Council on Foreign Relations, etc.).
- At least one (1) source should be from an academic publication, preferably peer reviewed.
Your proposal must include:
- Topic/thesis that you will present
- Sources you will use, with a brief (one to two sentences) summary describing the source material
Your proposal should be approximately one typed page (250 to 300 words).
Assignment : Information Presentation (Individual Presentation)
You will develop a presentation individually. Its purpose is to inform the audience about a business topic you select. The primary audience will be your “colleagues” – your classmates. This presentation must:
- Be 5 to 8 minutes in length
- Include a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 10 PowerPoint slides
Presentations will begin on ...