Welcome to the PSYC 251 Online Tutorial!
Start this tutorial by viewing the visual presentation located in the right hand column. The video should equip you with all necessary directions and information to complete the PSYC 251 lesson.
Following are the different components to the lesson, each with its own video tutorial, hands-on activities, helpful tips and contact information for further assistance.
For a more comprehensive learning experience, follow the modules in order. However, they do not need to be completed in one sitting.
By the end of this lesson, students will:
• Break apart a research topic into major concepts in order to formulate a search strategy
• Brainstorm a number of different synonyms to represent various concepts
• Use AND, OR, NOT effectively in their search strategies
• Understand the difference between a subject heading and keyword search
• Use thesauri to determine the correct subject headings for different databases
• Apply these searching techniques to effectively perform searches in PsycINFO and other databases/search tools, no matter what the subject focus
Home: Introduction to the PSYC 251 Tutorial Video
If you experience slow response time with the following video, use this link (Right-click to download the video or left-click to view).