Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How to evaluate credibility
- Author's credentials
- Where did the author come from? Do they have a degree of some kind? What is it? What's their expertise?
- Watch out for ads
- Super irritating
- Also have a commercial purpose
- Track record of the website
- What types of articles have they written in the past? What's the trend? Higher levels of suspicion are warranted...
- How it uses citations
- Definitely a way to fact check the site
- Checking for reviews and revisions
- Crucial for checking on currency in information
Hierarchy of Journal Publications