Research your topic using the databases below. Find 4 primary sources (including books that contain primary sources) before the end of today's class. Be ready to tell your classmates about what you found.
1) Alternative Press Index Archive (articles from radical, left wing magazines published from 1969-1989)
2) Readers Guide Retrospective (articles from mainstream magazines published from 1890-1982)
3) Google Newspaper Archive (newspaper articles from around the country)
4) IDS Search (BOOKS)
5) New York Times Archive Search
6) The AFRO-American Newspapers (Baltimore Afro American, 1943–2003; Washington Afro American 1938–1988)
7) Crisis (Official publication of the NAACP; a journal of civil rights, history, politics, and culture)
Now search for articles about your topic written by historians in America: History & Life.