Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Determining the source of information is critical when exploring bias.
When using Lexis-Nexis
- Click on the "Source information" icon that appears at the bottom of each article to see publisher information for the source.
- Use "within paragraph" instead of "and" to help narrow your search.
- Limit to just the news sources from your specific country (Click on Sources, Browse Sources, then filter by your country).
For news sources found online, search their website for clues about it's country of origin.
- Look for a "Contact us" or "About us Page."
- Phone numbers: to determine from which country the contact phone number originates using CountryCode.org.
- URL: Use a list of country code domain names to determine from which country the web address originates.
- Use Google Translate or Bing Translator to decipher information in other languages.
Sources from some countries with political/social unrest may be operating/reporting from outside the country.
Note: BBC Country Profiles allows you to search for media outlets for many countries. Search for your country, then click on the "Media" tab to see a list of media published in that country. You can perform a Google News Archive Search limiting to just those sources.
Or, Limit a newspaper search in Google Advanced to the specific country code of your country of choice.
InfoTrac Newsstand (Gale)
InfoTrac Newsstand provides access to full-text newspapers and allows users to search articles instantly by title, headline, date, newspaper section, or other fields. The database offers a one-stop source for current news and searchable archives.
Nexis Uni features more than 15,000 news, business and legal sources from LexisNexis—including U.S. Supreme Court decisions dating back to 1790—with an intuitive interface that offers quick discovery across all content types, personalization features such as Alerts and saved searches and a collaborative workspace with shared folders and annotated documents.
Online Resources for International News Sources