Search for community studies in IDS Search by combining descriptive words and phrases such as "local studies" or "community studies" or "civil rights" or "race relations" with the state or city that you are researching.
Try Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Arkansas, Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee, Louisiana, Maryland.
Try Atlanta, Baltimore, Greensboro, Montgomery, Birmingham.
Example: Struggle for Black Political Empowerment in Three Georgia Counties, by Lawrence J. Hanks
1. From Sit-Ins to SNCC: The Student Civil Rights Movement in the 1960s, edited by Iwan Morgan and Philip Davies
2. Hands on the Freedom Plow: Personal Accounts by Women in SNCC, edited by Faith Holsaert, Martha Prescod, Norman Noonan, Judy Richardson, Betty Garman Robinson, Jean Smith Young and Dorothy Zellner
3. Many Minds, One Heart: SNCC's Dream for a New America, by Wesley C. Hogan
4. A Case of Black and White: Northern Volunteers and the Southern Freedom Summers, 1964-1965, by Mary Aickin Rothschild
5. In Struggle: SNCC and the Black Awakening of the 1960's, by Clayborne Carson
6. Sisters in the Struggle: African American Women in the Civil Rights-Black Power Movement, by Bettye Collier-Thomas and V. P. Franklin
7. Parting the Waters: America in the King Years, 1954-63, by Taylor Branch