Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Locating Materials During Library Closure
Electronic collections can be found by searching GLOCAT or the Library A to Z Database List.
The main circulating collection, College Archives, and Special Collections will be available in the Milne Library @ Fraser Hall location. These collections will not be accessible while the Library is in Sturges Hall.
If you need assistance in locating materials, you can:
Request a RRLC Card
The RRLC Access Card program allows current Geneseo faculty, staff, and students to borrow materials directly from participating libraries in the Rochester region. For full information about participating libraries and their loan/use policies, please visit the "Participating Libraries & Privileges" link below.
To apply for a card, please fill out the form below (when logged in to your Geneseo account). A card will then be provided to you via campus mail and will be valid for the current year from January 1st to December 31st.
Carefully examine the Access and Lending Policies of Participants section of the RRLC page before planning any trips to participating libraries. Any questions about policies not explained by the above page should be directly to the participating library itself.
How may I access materials from the Teacher Education Resource Center (TERC) Collection during the Milne Library closure?
- The TERC collection will be available in Fraser Hall Library.
- While we do not have access to all our collections (including the TERC) yet, there are approximately 2,000 titles available for checkout.
- To narrow your search results to what is physically available, perform an Advanced Search in GLOCAT and limit your results to "Available Physical Materials." The results will be updated as more books and materials become available during the spring semester.
It is important to note:
- Web-based lesson planning resources are located on the Education Guide.
- Students and faculty will need to arrange their own transportation to the libraries listed below.
- If students or faculty borrow materials from these libraries, they must return materials to the library of origin. Milne Library does not return materials that are not received through IDS services.
Wadsworth Public Library, Geneseo, NY
Wadsworth Public Library has a rich collection of children's picture books and young adult literature. The library is located a couple blocks off campus at 24 Center Street.
- Explore Wadworth Public Library's catalog at https://wadslib.com.
- Obtaining a library card:
- Bring a current photo ID to the Circulation Desk of Wadsworth Public Library to get a library card.
- Students will need to provide their campus or local address as well as their permanent home address. Student library cards will have to be renewed every six months.
- Faculty and staff library cards will have to be renewed every two years.
- Patrons with a Pioneer Library System library card will not have to get a new card and can instead use their Pioneer library card.