Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The purpose if this guide is to provide you with the best starting places for starting your Country Profile Worksheet and Issue Brief in SOCL 105.
Tips for the Country Profile Worksheet
I have some suggestions for you to complete your State Profile Worksheet. At a first glance, the assignment is deceptively simple -- however, its complex and it requires you to dig deeper and apply a variety of search strategies. As I have worked with Dr. Kirk for several semesters, I have the following advice for you:
- Carefully read the assignment directions
- Give yourself at least 5 days to complete the assignment; remember, its not just finding sources, but also about properly citing them
- If you cannot find a quantitative (numerical) answer, then think about how you can form a qualitative response
- Always try to find responses on .gov websites first; both at federal and local levels
- Always pay attention to who (mostly organizations) are publishing the data you use
If you need help either locating or citing sources, consider:
- Visiting a research librarian in Sturges 101, the Research Help Center between 10am-5pm, Mon.–Thurs., & 10am-2pm on Fridays.
- Email Mr. West a question (westb)
Librarian, Head of Library Research Instruction Services